Let the screenshot to the right be a teaser of what is to come. If you look carefully at the icon, and the extra piece of information included under the text of the note you just might be able to figure it out. Otherwise, I'll just say it. Global Notes.
Have you ever posted a note in one group, and wished that you could see it in another group? Have you been a member of a group for a long time, and want to join another group, but don't want to lose your notes? Well soon you will be able to set certain notes as available everywhere, and as long as you are a member of a group, these notes will appear there.
This should provide a better experience for members of groups, as well as group administrators that are just starting out, as they can migrate all their existing notes without having to change anything at all.
Currently, on the "Recent Notes" list, you see notes that are either "Shared" notes, or "Private" notes which you have direct permissions for. Global Notes makes this a little more complicated. Now you will see a note if any of the following is true:
- The note is global and the creator is in your group
- The note is shared and it was created in your group
- The note is private, not written by you, you have permission, and it was created in your group
- The note is private, written by you, and was created in your group
- The note is completely private (i.e. "Only I can view" was selected), and written by you in any group.
Let me know your feedback on this feature that is in development by posting a comment.
About the Author: Nick is the creator of BibleShared.com -- a web application that allows you to read the Bible, write notes in the margin, share these notes with others, and track your Bible reading progress.